Deathberry

Author Topic: The Death Save the Strawberry - Upcoming Bleach Novel by Matsubara Makoto  (Read 82972 times)

Offline animefan

• Seated Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • animefan is a wandering soul
Re: The Death Save the Strawberry - Upcoming Bleach Novel by Matsubara Makoto
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2012, 02:31 AM »
No, please, no x.x
Is there going to be a day when she gets rid of that unhealthy obsession with Aizen?   It's killing the character.

Don't say that^^, you have to take in mind that only five months have passed in this novel. I'm almost sure that thanks to Shinji now Momo is past Aizen in the current manga timeline :)
And thanks for all the info!

Icon by Amy Core
Wonderful stamp by Michi :fangirl:

Offline rof

• Shinigami Academy Applicant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rof is a wandering soul
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Hello

Someone has the raw of novel?

Offline Annie

• Madame Empress Crepe Polarina Beargritta Cupcakesha Ebilia I
  • Administrator
  • Hero Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Annie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered Kidou
  • Stupidity-intolerant
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2012, 10:05 PM »
No, so far I haven't seen anyone scanned RAWs yet.

From Oricon Chart:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ob/w/2012-09-17/

2位   BLEACH The Death Save The Strawberry (原作・イラスト)久保帯人/(著)松原真琴    34,797部

A set made by Arie

Offline Delicious

• Shinigami Academy Class A
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Delicious is a wandering soul
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Myanimelist.net says it's sold 41,109. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=490447
Either way, it's less than the previous novel, I think.

Offline shinigamiXlover

• Seated Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • shinigamiXlover is a wandering soul
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56 AM »
Myanimelist.net says it's sold 41,109. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=490447
Either way, it's less than the previous novel, I think.

Well, at least it's still on the top list. I'm sure it'll get better. :hur:
Ichiruki. You simply can't deny it. :cookiemonster:
Perfect description of my relationship with manga :hur:

Offline Annie

• Administrator
  • Hero Shinigami
  • Annie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered KidouAnnie has mastered Kidou
  • Stupidity-intolerant
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2012, 07:19 AM »
So I heard a lot of whining and cries over how IchiOris "celebrate" about this novel. Honestly I don't care about them. But to give you a chance to read for yoruself, Pikeish translated the exact pages when Rukia decided to help Ichigo (p 104-106).

Translation by Pikeish. She cannot post it by herself. Credit by "link" back to this place. Please do not post in tumblr.

The Death save The Strawberry - page 104-106

"You know, Kurosaki kun always seems to be suffering...."
Bit by bit Orihime started to talk about Ichigo's condition for the past few months.
How he was severely at a loss after losing his powers.
How he would smile and say this life was something he had "wished for".
How that smile looked to be very sad indeed....

"I want to do something for Kurosaki kun but I can't do anything.....!"

Orihime has thought once if she could reverse it until the situation before Ichigo lost his powers and she put that thought into practice. However, no matter what kind of willpower she concentrated with, his powers never returned.

Ichigo had said, "Don't worry! Thank you for trying your best!" Cheering up the dispirited Orihime with a smile.

His kindness was what hurt the most.

"I know for sure I've made him hope/expect... That his powers will return. But as I thought, it wasn't possible.... I'm sure Kurosaki kun is also disappointed but he still cheered me up...."

Remembering that sad smile of his at that time, Orihime buried her face on her knees.

"I didn't intend to put that expression on his face.....!"

The wind blew and disarrayed Orihime's soft hair. Large tears shone on her cheeks, seen through between her hairs. Rukia put her hand gently on the shaking Orihime's shoulders and said quietly,

".....Ichigo has always fought in order to protect something. That is his action's philosophy, as well as his foundation stone. If it's a dispute between two people without any special powers, I'm sure Ichigo doesn't fall behind in that respect. I think that there are lots of people he can protect in that respect too."

In practice, Ichigo has been helping/saving a lot of people even after he had lost his powers. Like saving a school boy who was targeted by a boy who looked like a scoundrel (chinpira), catching a purse snatcher, saving an aged person from almost being ran over by a car..... When he saved the girl who had slipped from the veranda, fell and whom he had caught in the nick of time, essentially saving her life, he was sent a letter of appreciation from the police.

"However, he has now come to know. The existence of people he can't save with just the power of a human being......."

For Ichigo now, it was no longer possible to see them or touch them. Even so, they still continue to exist and continue to be thrown into dangers. He never knew if a hollow was actually trying to devour a soul in the corner of the street he just passed by without thought.

While knowing that, he still can't do anything----.

"For Ichigo whose will to protect is stronger than anyone else's, it must be an unbearable pain....."

I want to do something for him, she thought.
Without any moment's delay, using any means necessary.

"Leave it to me"

Rukia took Orihime's hand. Orihime who put her head up looked at Rukia with eyes wet with tears.

"I will return to Ichigo his shinigami powers for sure."

She exerts strength in the hand she was holding.

That was a promise both for Orihime and herself. A promise which meant she'll accomplish the task for sure no matter how hard it was, no matter if it only held a narrow possibility.

-----

Well, after that Orihime is back to weeping over foods, Rukia talking about her brother and w/e more.[/quote]

A set made by Arie

Offline ebony

• Seated Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • ebony is a wandering soul
  • Lost and Lonely
    • Bleach-Spain
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Thank you so much for giving us this Pikeish and Annie  :wtf

".....Ichigo has always fought in order to protect something. That is his action's philosophy, as well as his foundation stone. If it's a dispute between two people without any special powers, I'm sure Ichigo doesn't fall behind in that respect. I think that there are lots of people he can protect in that respect too."

In practice, Ichigo has been helping/saving a lot of people even after he had lost his powers. Like saving a school boy who was targeted by a boy who looked like a scoundrel (chinpira), catching a purse snatcher, saving an aged person from almost being ran over by a car..... When he saved the girl who had slipped from the veranda, fell and whom he had caught in the nick of time, essentially saving her life, he was sent a letter of appreciation from the police.

"However, he has now come to know. The existence of people he can't save with just the power of a human being......."

For Ichigo now, it was no longer possible to see them or touch them. Even so, they still continue to exist and continue to be thrown into dangers. He never knew if a hollow was actually trying to devour a soul in the corner of the street he just passed by without thought.

While knowing that, he still can't do anything----.

"For Ichigo whose will to protect is stronger than anyone else's, it must be an unbearable pain....."

I want to do something for him, she thought.
Without any moment's delay, using any means necessary.
This part is said by Rukia or Inoue? I don't get it very well  :-\

Offline Annie

• Administrator
  • Hero Shinigami
  • Stupidity-intolerant
« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Of course it's Rukia who say it. Orihime doesn't call Ichigo by his first name.

A set made by Arie

Offline Lork

• Doctor Lork
  • Administrator
  • Hero Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Lork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered ShikaiLork has mastered Shikai
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Somehow reading Orhime's scene made me want to throw something(after what I had read previously) but ah well, if the IchiOri's are celebrating, who's to stop them? I say, let them have their party and throw confetti into the air...they have their own "Rain Quote" and "White Sun...Black Moon"...let them get something more... :cookiemonster:

Thanks for the translation, Pike-chan and for sharing it here, Annie

A promise which meant she'll accomplish the task for sure no matter how hard it was, no matter if it only held a narrow possibility.
I wonder if it ever crossed her mind to stab Ichigo again with her zanpakutou for a repeat performance of transferring her powers to him...before Urahara and the others came up with the idea.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger
Levi is my husbando. Your argument is invalid  :yell:

Set by Arie

Offline Saiyan5nine-tails

• Hero Shinigami
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Saiyan5nine-tails is a ShinigamiSaiyan5nine-tails is a ShinigamiSaiyan5nine-tails is a ShinigamiSaiyan5nine-tails is a ShinigamiSaiyan5nine-tails is a Shinigami
  • The Fallen
« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2012, 08:22 AM »
That has always confused me, and now that confusion is only solidified.  If Inoue knew that Rukia was looking for a way to restore Ichigo's Shinigami powers, then why did she go with Sado to Xcution so readily after she presumably found out they were going to "restore" Ichigo's Shinigami powers?

Did she just leap at an opportunity that would allow her to be Ichigo's "strength" by helping him in his Fullbring training, or did she not have faith that Rukia would live up to her promise?

Of course it's Rukia who say it. Orihime doesn't call Ichigo by his first name.

Plus, such an in-depth understanding of Ichigo's character is not like Orihime at all.  Rukia knows that fighting to protect is Ichigo's foundation, so that is how she understands how much it must hurt Ichigo to not be able to protect those whom he needs Shinigami powers to protect.